Diploma Dual

This Diploma certifies that the student has obtained two simultaneous qualifications: Spanish Baccalaureate and US High School Diploma. A combination of in-person and online lessons from an American school, Academica Corporation (Somerset International).

Taking into account that the United States system recognises 75% of the subjects on the Spanish curriculum, students only have to study the equivalents of the remaining 25% (a total of six additional subjects).

The programme normally starts in the second year of ESO (Compulsory Secondary Education), although there is a possibility of starting in the final year of ESO or the first year of the baccalaureate, once the corresponding access tests have been passed. Classes are given virtually with a tutor at the school and teachers in the United States.

There are several ways in which this is beneficial. Youngsters have the opportunity to attend universities in the United States. They spend more time studying, which makes them more independent, and this qualification is also recognised as a TOEFL level examination.